Anxiety Disorders in the Children
In this fast-moving era, children need to be highly active and need to run with the modern society that’s why they feel anxiety due to different challenges. Anxiety is the emotion and sentiment of free and unwise worry and a sense of tension. In the below guideline you will get tips how to deal anxiety disorders in the children.
Although fear and anxiety are two very similar things but have some differences like fear is short termed, but anxiety is long lasting leaving bad impacts on an individual. Anxiety is the term that is used to describe specific disorders that result in fear, consternation, misgiving, impatience, and yearning.
Causes Of Anxiety Disorders in the children
Anxiety is caused by immoderate, unfounded and uncontrollable worries which indicate a severe physical and psychological symptoms in a child.
Anxiety is very natural almost everyone before goes through this disorder sometimes individuals face anxiety before their examination; many have anxiety for speaking in public, many failing the tasks, etc. stimulates anxiety in our life’s.
Effects Of Anxiety
More specifically if we discuss anxiety in children, it is a temporary yet a noncancerous phase. Those children who experience shyness, fear and they avoid in going in public places and hesitate in communicating with others, fear of being bullied, fear to run academically and fear of natural tragedies.
Mostly the causes of anxiety in children are related to their academic career.
Symptoms Of Anxiety
Here are the signs of anxiety and fear in the children.
- Fatigue in work hours
These all should be taken away from child and cut anxiety from roots.
Treatment Of Anxiety
- Parents need to help their child when they see this kind of symptoms in their child,
- Most important is to understand their feelings but they should be composed and calm.
- Recognize their achievements and appreciate them and do not punish them for their mistakes.
- The foremost is to give them time and guide them according to their comfort zone.
- Medication is another way of treating anxiety in children by giving antidepressants as given to adults
- Antidepressants like SSRIs selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors; they are instrumental in treating anxiety.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy is very effectual in treating the anxious child.
- Motivating children in treatment process.
- Avoiding the stimulus which causes anxiety
- Engaging in different activities to forget worries causing anxiety.
Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
Cognitive behavioral therapy is based on the concept that how we act and how to think both depict how we feel. By changing the behavior and thinking emotions can be changed.
This therapy is far more different from the conventional talk therapy in which roots of anxiety are explored for changing behavior, but in cognitive behavioral therapy, fear is cut from deep roots by changing the behavior.
CBT is helpful in any anxieties including any phobia, compulsive disorder, separation anxiety, social anxiety and other worriers.
The most important of all is the separation anxiety, this anxiety relates to the stress a child face due to separation from home or the person they love the most. It usually occurs before the age of 18. Mostly when children are sent to boarding far away from home, they come across separation anxiety.
Hope that this tutorial will help you to deal anxiety dirsorders in the children. If You have any other health issues, please visit us.