Hi Guys, Here is a complete procedure “How to apply for student Visa in US”. Let me update you that US offers different types of Visa for all who are willing to visit US for different purposes. Here is list of Visa.
- Student Visa
- Visit Visa
- Business Visa
- Exchange Visitor Visa
- Religious Worker Visa
- Transit or Ship Crew Visa
How to Apply For Student Visa in US
Let me clear that visa does not guarantee entry to the United States. A visa simply indicates that a U.S. consular officer has determined that you are eligible to apply for entry to the United States for any particular reason.
How to apply for student visa in USA?
If you want to Study in USA, You will need student Visa as basic requirement to enter in US. The first step to studying in the United States is to search college or university that fits for your study purposes. You should check that list of Schools and colleges and apply for admission in the desirable school.
You will need:
- List of Schools
- I20 Form
- F1- student visa application form
- Consult with US Embassy
- Form I-539
Applying Visa is a lengthy process so you will have to take preparation before 3-4 months. As student Visa has different requirement, and Embassy change requirement time to time, so will have to personally visit US Embassy in your country.
Step by Step Procedure to How to Apply For Student Visa in USA
- First, your school or university will send you a form confirming that you have been accepted at an institution authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Naturalization Service (USCIS) to enroll nonimmigrant students.
- Second, you will need to make an appointment for a visa interview and to pay some required fees. Under a revision in the regulations, Student Visas can be issued up to 120 days before the date on your form I-20. Exchange Visitor Visas can be issued anytime before the date on the DS-2019. You should apply as early as possible for your visa.
- Third, the United States is using a new nonimmigrant visa application form, DS-160 that should be completed online. Student Visa application is online available here.
- Fourth, prepare for your visa interview. It is extremely crucial that you apply for your visa well in advance of the date your studies begin.
- The U.S. Department of State (DOS) has implemented an online tool that nonimmigrant and immigrant visa applicants can use to check the status here.
General Requirement for How to Apply For Student Visa in US
- Apply to and be accepted by a Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)-approved school in the US (six to twelve months prior to US study)
- Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee
- Complete a US student visa application along with recent photo(s)
- Pay the visa application fee
- Schedule and attend a visa interview.
You are encouraged to apply for your nonimmigrant student visa as soon as you have your I-20. To ensure you get an early and timely date you may apply at any time. However, a student visa may be issued no more than 120 days prior to the start date mentioned on your I-20. Simply student Visa costs $160.
If you receive Student Visa, You should travel within 30 days to your specified location.
Tips for Your Visa Interview
- Wear a business suit or dress
- Be specific when you answer questions
- Bring bank statements or proof of employment
- Provide details of your study plans
- Stay calm and be professional
- Tell the truth
Once a visa is approved, you should receive your visa within a few days.
The USA issues different types of visas to students:
A full-time student would receive an F-1 or M-1 visa.
Your spouse and children would receive F-2 or M-2 visas.
An Exchange Visitor would receive a J-1 visa. Exchange Visitors come to the USA for consultation, training, research or teaching, or for an approved Au Pair or temporary work position.