Wow it is amazing to control your TV with your voice. Isn’t it? Obviously it is. You can Control Your TV Using Google Home Mini and Logitech Harmony. You know we can use Google home mini with Chromecasts TVs and Chromecasts out of the box. But you can also use it with other TVs with the help of an intermediary like Logitech harmony hub.
How to Control Your TV Using Google Home Mini and Logitech Harmony
Here I am going you tell the ways to set the harmony hub and Google home mini. Just follow the following steps:
- First step is to open the Google Home APP on your smart phone.
- Here at the very top you will see the card inviting you to link your harmony account. In case if you not find this option tap to refresh.
- Now you have to choose the authentication method. It is up to you whether you want to login from your Facebook account, Gmail account, Yahoo account, depends on harmony account settings.
- Now enter your credential (A document proving personal identity or qualifications).
- Read the terms and conditions carefully and allow Google to access your account.
- Logistic will gather all the information from your account and display the list of all possible activities you could do by your voice. Here you can add different name such as bed room for your bed room TV. You can add multiple activities and then select the right facing arrow at the top corner.
- You can add specific TV channels and give favorite names such as CTV, PRS etc. You can do this by tapping on ADD friendly icon. After selecting it tap to right facing arrow in the top right corner.
- The final procedure is to link the account to complete the process.
- Now you can do your activities by your voice, ask harmony to switch on the TV to on your TV. You can do multiple task such as forward or backward, go to certain channels and much more.
- You can set different shortcuts such as you don’t have to say “ask harmony” every time.
For Setting Harmony Hub, Go through following steps
- Go to more settings.
- Select shortcuts by going down.
- Here you can add new shortcuts.
- Now tap to microphone icon.
- Now say the shortcut you want to create such as switch off the TV.
- You can add more shortcuts by tapping on microphone.
- Now select the option of save to save all your shortcuts.