DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN
Guys, are you looking for How to Fix “DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN” Error in Google Chrome? Don’t worry.! We are providing solutions for internet browser Errors. DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN is the browser Error which popups due to incorrect setting DNS Settings of Internet. Sometimes you get error as This webpage is not available because DNS lookup failed. Read this article for better solution of DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN.
Reasons of DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Error
When you have not configured DNS setting properly or you have mismatch DNS server with IP class then you get DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN or DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN messages. By the way when you do internet Surfing and get popup with message “This site can’t be reached” along with the error code as DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN.
Actually, Domain Name Server (DNS) is bound to divert a Domain name to its individual IP Address. In the event that it neglects to do the assignment or the Domain Name to IP Redirection bombs then the NXDOMAIN Error shows up which remains for Non-Existent Domain.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error is for the most part experienced in Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 or now and again even in MAC or Android Phones with Google Chrome Browser or even in other web programs. This error occurs when your LAN or wifi is connected but no internet access which is same as to DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET and the given arrangements functions admirably to illuminate both of these mistake.
The Error display message: This site can’t be reached
www.abcd.com‘s server DNS address could not be found.
Check the below image:
Best Solutions for DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Error
Recently, we come up with the better solutions to fix DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN Chrome error. Following are the few methods to get rid off error that says “You can not reach this site”
- Resetting Winsock Program
- Use command prompt and try different commands to solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN
- Internet connection setting by modifying TCP/IP4 Proxy
- Reset Browser Google Chrome Flags
- Reboot or restart DNS Client
Let’s go with each solution in details
Error Fix/Soluti 1: Reset Winsock Program
Winsock Program will help you to easily & quickly Solve DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error. This works in most of the cases and it’s really very easy.
Basically, Winsock is a programming interface and the supporting project that handles information and yield demands for Internet applications in a Windows working framework. So in some cases it’s misconfiguration comes about into the blunder “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN”. Resetting Winsock will help understand this mistake. The procedure is simple and straightforward. Take after the offered ventures to Reset Winsock to settle DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN mistake.
- Open start Menu you can do it by clicking Windows button
- Type cmd in search box and you will get Command Prompt.
- Now, Right click on it & select Run as administrator option.
- Command prompt windows will be opened. Type the below command in Command Prompt and press Enter button.
netsh winsock reset
- It will process the command which will take just a few seconds & that’s it. You will get Success Message. Now just Restart your Computer or Windows to make the Effective Changes.
Winsock Program has been reset. Now try surfing the internet through Google Chrome. Most probably the error “DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN” would have fixed & disappeared.
This is a severe frequent issue in Windows 10 so use the above solution to solve DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET or NXDOMAIN DNS Error issue.
Tip: If you are facing dns probe finished no internet mac issue then follow all these steps in your MAC by running command c:\ root netsh winsock reset.
ALSO CHECK: How to find your Windows 10 product key
Error Fix/Solution 2: Using Command Prompt
There are different Commands available to Flush DNS, renew, release, etc using which DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error can be fixed in many cases. So let’s try this. If the first solution didn’t work then must try this, here we have few more important commands including the one to Reset Winsock, which may help us resolve the error DNS probe finished no internet. Follow these easy steps:
Open the Command prompt and check the DNS as well as IP Configuration
netsh int ip set dns
netsh winsock reset
Once you execute all above commands successfully, just restart your system.
Now try internet browsing through Chrome or Mozilla. Most probably the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error would have fixed & disappeared.
Error Fix/Solution 3: Change TCP/IP Settings
By changing TCP/IP4 Proxy setting help you to solve the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN error. So you can give it a try if above solutions didn’t work for you. Here are easy steps:
1. Right-click on Windows Logo & select Network Connections option.
2. Now right click on your Active Network i.e., your Active Internet Connection that you are currently using and select Properties option.
3. From the list of Options, find and select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties button situated at the bottom right side.
4. A new window will pop up. Just check Use below preferred and alternate DNS addresses and Enter the Defualt DNS settings in it.
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
You may set DNS server according to your network: For example my DNS server has following IPs.
- Preferred DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
5. Press OK button to save the settings.
Hope this Solution helps you resolve the DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN error.
Error Fix/Solution 4: Reset Chrome Flag Settings
This is a quick easy solution which may very easily resolve the Error: DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN chrome error. So just follow the easy steps added below:
1. Copy the given below URL Text and Paste it in Google Chrome Address bar.
2. Press Enter button and it will load a page with Settings in Google Chrome.
3. In the Settings Page, at the right side, you will find Reset all to the default option. Just click on it.
Now check the internet and most probably you resolve the Error DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN Again.
Check it also – This copy of Windows is not Genuine
Error Fix/Solution 5: Restart DNS Client
If you have tried above solutions and still you face the same problem “This site can’t be reached” then you can also try this fix by Restarting the DNS Client. It may really prove to be handy and help you fix the DNS issues including DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN errors. Just follow the steps below.
Step 1: Press Ctrl + R keys to open the Run Command.
Step 2: Type services.msc and press Enter or may click OK button.
Step 3: A new window with list of Services will pop-up. Just scroll down until you find the service named DNS Client.
Step 4: Just right click on DNS Client service and tap the Restart option.
Wait for few moments, DNS Client Service will restart. Now check the internet by type google.com in your browser hopefully this fix would solve your DNS problems.
Hope that above solutions will help you to Fix DNS PROBE FINISHED NXDOMAIN chrome error for Windows 10, 8.1, 7 or MAC. These solutions were got by me during troubleshooting with networks. If you have any more solutions or if you have any query then comment below, we will respond you! Thank you!!