How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux ? Many IT Professionals and software engineers love Linux because of its easy access. And if you are a Hacker (either White Hat or Black Hat) then you definitely simply in love with Linux and your preference will be Linux rather than Graphical Interface. However as antique parents say you need to lose something to get something.
Windows is the maximum famous working device in computer global and no person wants to lose the clean accessibility of home windows. So there is an option that’s available at the internet that is dual Boot windows 10 and Linux to your computer. i am preferring windows 10 here due to the fact it is the latest and most strong windows with the aid of Microsoft.
How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux (Basically Ubuntu)?
Windows is popular from last few decades due it easy GUI. It helped end users as well as professional developers. But Now due to security issues in Windows and easy attack of viruses, IT professional prefer Linux rather than Windows.
Before we go for How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux, I want to focus on below:
Why should you choose Linux?
Everyone thinks that Linux is much better than Windows. It will save your PC or Laptop. It will raise your system life. The computer will be faster if you made this choice etc. Let me explain the top reasons for Why should you go for Linux?
- Linux is the Open Source. It is good for IT professional and somehow difficult for end-users. The main benefit is that you can add anything you want because it is Open Source. In Linux you can easily add any software application and modify it according to your needs.
- In Linux many User Interfaces are available. There are many Linux Distros available on the Web. You can pick any of them. It isn’t care for Windows that You need to pick the most recent one because of insupportability of old one in most recent PC.
- Linux is completely FREE. All Linux Distros are free with the exception of Red Hat which is one of my top choice. You can utilize each usefulness of Linux without paying a solitary Buck. Dissimilar to Windows that You need to download Pirate Windows to utilize it free and afterward disregard protection.
- The best thing about Linux is that It is Secure. Perhaps you heard the old Joke that “I feel much happy when Someone asks which Antivirus are you utilizing on Linux operating system”. Beyond any doubt Linux is secure to the point that You needn’t bother with an antivirus to keep your information.
That was all about Linux. You should know Why Windows, before proceeding Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux.
Why you can not leave Windows 10?
Its bitter truth that Windows users are more than Linux despite that windows have security and virus issues. It doesn’t mean all are end-users, many Professional consider Windows as priority.
- The main thing is Easy to use. According to Bill Gates today’s generation who want Easy User Interface. This is the top Reason Users of Windows 10 are increasing day by day.
- One-Click Installation. Linux has lengthy process of Installation. We have to go through Command Prompt for install a single software. But in Windows, you can Download and Install any software in just One Click.
- Easily Availability of Software. Each type of Software is easily available for Windows. on the internet and in the market. While for Linux you could not get all software easily.
Now You got that Why Dual Boot Windows 10 a Linux is a must. If you have both of these OS in your system then you are Master of Operating System. Let’s know How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux?
Step by Step Method: How to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux?
For dual boot Windows 10 and Linux you must install a program to run the system smoother while installing the Linux and windows. You need is to take a System in which Windows 10 is installed.
Follow the below steps to Dual Boot Windows 10 and Linux we are taking Ubuntu as our Linux.
- Click here to Download the program named as Turn off fast startup.
- Login with administrator account and run this program
- Download the Linux, in our case, this is Ubuntu 16.04 LTS version. If you want to download this Click here.
- As the download complete, make a bootable USB drive for Linux installation.
- Download the latest version of Rufus for making USB bootable. It is simple and clean to use.
- The final step in Windows is partitioning the drive to allow some space for the installation of the Linux.
- And in this window, you can see your C drive and right click on it. Then you can see a Shrink Volumeoption in the drop-down menu.
- At this stage you have to allocate space you want to give to the Linux.
- Now Reboot your system to the BIOS settings and set USB as the first priority. When you get Boot from USB, in next step you will Ubuntu installation page.
- Before going further you need to check disc for defects. First, do this, then Go to Install Ubuntu.
- Then you will see the simple steps to install the ubuntu, and after completing some of the steps you see this kind of window.
- Then go with Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10, and do not tick Erase disk and install Ubuntu, it will erase all your files from PC.
All your work is complete just go with the next simple steps and you are done with the Dual Boot of Windows and Linux. When you next time opens you PC you will see the option to choose between Ubuntu and Windows 10.
If Install Ubuntu alongside Windows 10 is not showing
Alternative Way To Use Linux on your PC
If you want to use Ubuntu or Linux or any other Operating System in your Computer without Dual Booting your PC. You can do it with the help of Virtual Box or VMWare. These are programs by which you can run any Operating System in your system without changing your current OS.
Direct Download Link of Virtual Box.
Direct Download Link of VMWare.
It is the better alternative of Dual Boot of Windows and Linux. You can easily start Virtual Box and VMWare.
If you have any question regarding the above methods or steps you can ask those questions in the comment section down below.