Most people face this problem in starting any game or program that “Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)“. The main reason behind this error is that your device 32-bit or 64-bit OS is not compatible with that program. For example, your device is 32-bit and you want to run 64-bit program on your device. So, it displays an error. If you also face this issue on your device then you are in the right place.
Besides the compatibility issue, Other possible reasons behind this error are stated below:
- When you upgrade previous or older version of Windows.
- During installation, software or application has some files are missing or corrupted files, virus infections, registry errors, etc
- Your Hard drive has various problems for current application
How to fix Error: ‘Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)
We are providing you different possible solutions that will help you out to fix the 0xc000007b error.
Method 1- Download and Install Latest Version of .Net Framework)
Generally Microsoft .NET framework causing the issues. You can download the latest version of .NET Framework from Microsoft.
After successful installation of Microsoft .NET framework on your system, Restart you computer. Hope that ‘The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)’ error will be fixed.
Method 2- Run the Application as Administrator)
This error may cause because of compatibility issue of system with application. So you may Fix-it through Login into system with Admin Panel, Go to the properties of Application that causing error. Go to Compatibility tab. Check Run this program as an administrator. Then Press OK.
Method 3- Reinstall the Application
Go to the Control Panel, Click on Add or Remove Program.
Select the application/program that causing trouble, Uninstall the existing application completely.
Method 4- Reboot Your PC or Laptop
If this error appeared on your screen, then simply restart your computer. Sometimes, this error occurred because any driver is not running well in your PC. Restarting of PC can resolve this issue.
Method 5 – Update your Windows
Updating the windows can also resolve this error. Because many additional features and programs are updated like DirectX and .NET Framework. It may possible that the updating of windows can fix the error of Application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
Method 6 – Check Disk to fix this Error
Follow the steps to fix the errors of the disk. It can also solve this problem while running any application or program. The steps are:
- Click on Start menu and type cmd.
- Right click on cmd and run it as an administrator.
- Type chkdsk c: /f /r in the cmd and hit the enter key.
- On the off chance that your Windows is introduced in drive C, you’ll get the message “Chkdsk can’t run on the grounds that the volume is being used by another procedure. OK jump at the chance to plan this volume to be checked whenever the framework restarts? (Y/N)” Type Y and hit Enter key.
- After that run the application and check if it runs or not.
Apply one of these methods and you can easily fix this error. Hopefully, after trying above methods, your problem will be fixed.