Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer -Since technology is advancing at a faster pace, it becomes easier to cast videos and movies playing on your computer to TV using a device. A device that is popular for such activity is Chromecast. Chromecast is a line of digital media players developed by Google. Chromecast is an efficient device to mirror your computer to your TV in an effortless and easy manner. By adding Chromecast extension to your browser you can enjoy live video streaming onto your TV using your google chrome browser. Chromecast is an easy and user friendly device that works with your Mac, iPhone, iPad. Android phones, tablets and laptops.
How to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
Windows 10 is operating system of computer which was developed and released by Microsoft on July 29 2015. Microsoft is set to update its web browser with support for Chromecast.
Chromecast’s First Generation was announced on July 24 2013. Second Generation was released in September 2013. A model called Chromecast Ultra that supports 4K resolution and high dynamic range was released in November 2016.
Requirements to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
To setup Chromecast on your windows 10 PC, you will require following:
- An HDTV with spare HDMI port
- Google Chromecast device (This box contains the device with HDMI connector, and cable with USB port).
- Windows 10 computer
- Google chrome browser installed on your computer
- A stable Wi-Fi network
Step By Step Guide to Setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer
Here is step by step guide for you. Follow these easy steps to setup google Chromecast on your windows 10:
- First assemble the Chromecast device by inserting plug of USB cable into the device.
- Then plug in the HDMI end of google Chromecast device into the HDMI port of your TV.
- Plug in USB plug in USB port of TV.
- If you do not have USB port in your TV, plug it to power supply.
- Change the source input of your TV using remote control to right HDMI port into which the Chromecast device is plugged in.
Now follow the remaining steps on your Windows 10 computer.
- If you do not have Google Chrome browser download it by visiting google.com/chrome.
- Now open the Chrome browser and visit chromecast.com/setup.
- On Chrome setup screen, click on setup your Chromecast using this computer.
- On next screen you will be asked to agree to Chromecast Privacy Terms.
- Read it and Click on
- Now Webpage will start searching for available Chromecast devices.
- On next screen click on SET ME UP
- Next, click on Chromecast Wi-Fi network.
- After connecting to Chromecast open Wi-Fi network, click on NEXT
- On next screen a code will appear, that matches with code on your TV screen at the bottom right corner, click on I SEE THE CODE.
- On next screen type a good name for your Chromecast and click on LOOKS GOOD.
- Now confirm your Wi-Fi settings, select Wi-Fi network, enter your Wi-Fi password and click on
- Finally! Chromecast will display READY TO CAST! Screen.
- Click on a casting button at right upper corner of your screen it will show CAST TO and name of your Chromecast device click on it and enjoy direct media streaming.
- Download the Google Home App to get the most out of your Chromecast device.
Now you are ready to enjoy videos and movies on big screen of your TV. Chromecast is so easy to broadcast YouTube, Netflix and many other applications just like smart TV. You can even through any type of content from your Chrome Browser to the big screen.